Definition of grat
1. grate [ n ] a frame of iron bars to hold a fireUsed in print:
(Guy Bolton, The Olympians....)
`` Seems to me last time I was here the grate bellowed out smoke as it might have been preparing us for hell '' .Synonyms grate grating Related Terms framework stove furnace
2. grate [ v ] make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together
Examples: "grate one's teeth in anger"
3. grate [ v ] furnish with a grate
Examples: "a grated fireplace"
4. grate [ v ] gnaw into; make resentful or angry
Examples: "The unjustice rankled her" "his resentment festered"
5. grate [ n ] a harsh rasping sound made by scraping somethingSynonyms grate Related Terms noise
6. grate [ v ] reduce to small shreds or pulverize by rubbing against a rough or sharp perforated surface
Examples: "grate carrots and onions" "grate nutmeg"
7. grate [ v ] scratch repeatedly
Examples: "The cat scraped at the armchair"
8. Grate [ n ] Last name, frequency rank in the U.S. is 12830Synonyms Grate
9. grate [ n ] a barrier that has parallel or crossed bars blocking a passage but admitting airSynonyms grating grate Related Terms barrier grille
|Definition of grassroots|
|Definition of grassy|
|Definition of grassy_death_camas|
|Definition of Grasty|
|Definition of Grate|
|Definition of grated_cheese|
|Definition of grateful|
|Definition of gratefully|
|Definition of gratefulness|