Definition of neet
1. net [ a ] remaining after all deductions
Examples: "net profit"
(Raymond C. Binder et al., editors, Proceedings...)
It was shown that by proper anode design the net energy loss of the arc to the anode could be reduced to approximately 15 % of the total arc energy A detailed energy balance of the anode was established .Synonyms net nett Related Terms gross take-home clear
2. net [ n ] an interconnected or intersecting configuration or system of components
Examples: "there was a hole in the network where some of the strands were broken" "he used a copper frame with copper meshing"
(Dan McLachlan, Jr., "Communication Networks and...)
Since the air is a continuum , the network of communication remains intact regardless of the positions or motions of the points ( the people ) in the net .
On the parade_ground the net may be similar to that shown in Figure 3 .
Furthermore , the network in Figure 3 is only the basic net through which other networks pertaining to logistics and the_like are interlaced .
Since the difficulty of drawing the net is great , we will merely discuss it .Synonyms net network meshwork reticulation meshing mesh Related Terms system reseau computer_network grid hairnet chicken_wire reseau gauze reticle save-all snood spark_arrester early_warning_system safety_net tulle wirework backbone enmesh
3. net [ n ] a computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchangeSynonyms net cyberspace internet Related Terms computer_network
4. net [ n ] a trap made of netting to catch fish or birds or insectsUsed in print:
(Robert L. Duncan, The Voice of Strangers....)
Without exception Hino 's brothers turned_to either one or both of their father 's occupations , but Hino showed a talent for neither and instead spent most of his time on the beach where he repaired nets and proved immensely popular as a storyteller .Synonyms net Related Terms trap fishnet brail
5. net [ v ] make as a net profit
Examples: "The company cleared $1 million"
(The Dallas Morning News,...)
Tailback James_Saxton already has surpassed his rushing total for his brilliant sophomore season , when he netted 271 yards on 55 carries ; he now has 273 yards in 22 tries during three games .Synonyms net clear sack_up sack Related Terms profit gain
6. net [ a ] conclusive in a process or progression
Examples: "the final answer" "a last resort" "the net result"
(The Dallas Morning News,...)
His statistical record that year , when Texas won only one game and lost nine , was far from impressive : he carried the ball three times for a net gain of 10 yards , punted once for 39 yards and caught one pass for 13 yards .Synonyms last final net Related Terms ultimate
7. net [ v ] construct or form a web, as if by weavingSynonyms net web Related Terms weave network network webbing web
8. net [ v ] yield as a net profit
Examples: "This sale netted me $1 million"
9. net [ n ] a goal lined with netting (as in soccer or hockey)Synonyms net Related Terms goal cage soccer
10. net [ n ] the excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses)Synonyms profit profits earnings lucre net net_profit net_income Related Terms income dividend accumulation killing gross_profit windfall_profit markup earning_per_share fast_buck share profit
11. net [ v ] catch with a net
Examples: "net a fish"
12. net [ n ] game equipment consisting of a strip of netting dividing the playing area in tennis or badmintonSynonyms net Related Terms game_equipment volleyball_net
13. net [ n ] an open fabric woven together at regular intervalsSynonyms mesh net Related Terms fabric reseau safety_net save-all snood spark_arrester hairnet tulle wirework gauze
|Definition of nestorian|
|Definition of nestorian_church|
|Definition of nestorianism|
|Definition of nestorius|
|Definition of net|
|Definition of net_ball|
|Definition of net_estate|
|Definition of net_fish|
|Definition of net_income|