Definition of frist
1. frost [ v ] decorate with frosting
Examples: "frost a cake"
(The Providence Journal...)
She frosted the cake with the always reliable `` Bill_Bailey '' .Synonyms frost ice Related Terms cover cooking frosting
2. frost [ n ] weather cold enough to cause freezingUsed in print:
(Organic Gardening and Farming,...)
I like hay for this and apply it so_that only the tops of the plants show right after a good frost .Synonyms frost freeze Related Terms cold_weather
3. frost [ n ] ice crystals forming a white deposit (especially on objects outside)Used in print:
(Helen Hooven Santmyer, "There Were Fences"...)
The curb was a line of stone laid edgewise in the dirt and tilted this way and that by frost in the ground or the roots of trees .Synonyms frost rime hoarfrost hoar Related Terms ice
4. Frost [ n ] Last name, frequency rank in the U.S. is 728Synonyms Frost
5. frost [ v ] cover with frost
Examples: "ice crystals frosted the glass"
6. frost [ v ] damage by frost
Examples: "The icy precipitation frosted the flowers and athey turned brown"
7. frost [ v ] provide with a rough or speckled surface or appearance
Examples: "frost the glass" "she frosts her hair"
8. frost [ n ] the formation of frost or ice on a surfaceSynonyms icing frost Related Terms freeze
9. Frost [ n ] American poet famous for his lyrical poems on country life in New England (1874-1963)Synonyms Robert_Frost Robert_Lee_Frost Frost Related Terms poet
|Definition of frontstall|
|Definition of frontward|
|Definition of frontwards|
|Definition of frore|
|Definition of frost|
|Definition of frost_fish|
|Definition of frost_heave|
|Definition of frost_heaving|
|Definition of frost_mist|