Definition of bakey
1. bake [ v ] cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven
Examples: "bake the potatoes"
(The Dallas Morning News,...)
Bake slowly about one hour at 250 - 275 F. until lightly brown .
Bake slowly at_least one-half hour longer .
While this is baking , saute mushrooms , fresh or canned , in butter .
(Ruth F. Rosevear, "North Country School Cares for...)
Today whole grains are freshly ground every_day and baked into bread .
The bread baked from this mixture is light in color and fragrant in aroma .Synonyms bake Related Terms cook fire shirr ovenbake cooking
2. bake [ v ] prepare with dry heat in an oven
Examples: "bake a cake"
(Los Angeles Times...)
Mrs._Reese baked her cookies for only the third time in the Bake-off finals .Synonyms bake Related Terms create_from_raw_material baker
3. bake [ v ] heat by a natural force
Examples: "The sun broils the valley in the summer"
(Idwal Jones, "Santa Cruz Run"...)
The Santa_Cruz mountains sprawl over three counties , and the roads twist through sky-tapping redwoods down whose furrowed columns ripple streams of rain , even when heat bakes the Santa_Clara valley below at the left .Synonyms bake broil Related Terms heat
4. Bake [ n ] Last name, frequency rank in the U.S. is 21755Synonyms Bake
5. bake [ n ] making bread or cake or pastry etc.Synonyms bake baking Related Terms cooking creating_from_raw_materials shirring
|Definition of baiza|
|Definition of baize|
|Definition of Baja_California|
|Definition of Bak|
|Definition of bake|
|Definition of bakeapple|
|Definition of baked|
|Definition of baked_Alaska|
|Definition of baked_egg|