Definition of zine
1. magazine [ n ] a periodic paperback publication
Examples: "it takes several years before a magazine starts to break even or make money"
(Rocky Mountains News, [Denver, Colorado],...)
Ritchie walked up to him at the magazine stand .
(The Times-Picayune, [New Orleans]...)
If he can't play with Mommy 's magazines , he should have some old numbers of his own .
Friends , a picture magazine distributed by Chevrolet dealers , describes a paramilitary_organization of employees of the Gulf_Telephone_Company at Foley , Alabama .
(John Dos Passos, Midcentury....)
Pat had been worried as hell ever since she 'd lost her job on that fashion magazine .
(Evan Esar, Humorous English; a guide to comic ,...)
`` It was only the other day that I saw something of yours , about something or other , in some magazine '' .Synonyms magazine mag Related Terms publication press comic pulp colour_supplement slick trade_magazine magazine_article center_spread feature
2. magazine [ n ] product consisting of a paperback periodic publication as a physical object
Examples: "tripped over a pile of magazines"
(The Family Fallout Shelter. Office of Civil and Defence...)
If there is time after the warning , the basement shielding could be improved substantially by blocking windows with bricks , dirt , books , magazines , or other heavy material .
(Alex Gordon, The Cipher....)
He peered in the boxes themselves ; all were empty except one , and that one was jammed with letters and magazines .Synonyms magazine Related Terms product
3. magazine [ n ] a business firm that publishes magazines
Examples: "he works for a magazine"
(Brainard Cheney, "Christianity and the Tragic Vision-Ut...)
The earlier of them was an unofficial enterprise , sponsored by Life magazine , under the title of the National purpose .Synonyms magazine magazine_publisher Related Terms publisher
4. magazine [ n ] a light-tight supply chamber holding the film and supplying it for exposure as requiredSynonyms cartridge magazine Related Terms supply_chamber camera
5. magazine [ n ] a storehouse (as a compartment on a warship) where weapons and ammunition are storedSynonyms powder_store powder_magazine magazine Related Terms storehouse
6. magazine [ n ] a metal frame or container holding cartridges; can be inserted into an automatic gunSynonyms clip cartridge_clip magazine cartridge_holder Related Terms supply_chamber pincurl_clip gun
|Definition of Magan|
|Definition of Magana|
|Definition of Magar|
|Definition of Magaret|
|Definition of magazine|
|Definition of magazine_article|
|Definition of magazine_publisher|
|Definition of magazine_rack|
|Definition of Magby|