Definition of wana
1. wan [ a ] (of light) lacking in intensity or brightness; dim or feeble
Examples: "the pale light of a half moon" "a pale sun" "the late afternoon light coming through the el tracks fell in pale oblongs on the street" "a pallid sky" "the pale (or wan) stars"
(Gerald Green, The Heartless Light....)
The previous night 's horror - the absolute failure , overcast with the intrusions of the press , had left them all with a wan sense of uselessness , of play-acting .Synonyms pale wan pallid Related Terms weak
2. wan [ v ] become pale and sicklySynonyms wan Related Terms sicken
3. wan [ a ] abnormally deficient in color as suggesting physical or emotional distress
Examples: "the pallid face of the invalid" "her wan face suddenly flushed"
4. wan [ a ] lacking vitality as from weariness or illness or unhappiness
Examples: "a wan smile"
5. Wan [ n ] Woman's first name, popularity rank in the U.S. is 3671Synonyms Wan
6. Wan [ n ] Last name, frequency rank in the U.S. is 9487Synonyms Wan
7. WAN [ n ] a computer network that spans a wider area than does a local area networkSynonyms WAN wide_area_network Related Terms computer_network
|Definition of Wampler|
|Definition of wampum|
|Definition of wampumpeag|
|Definition of Wamsley|
|Definition of WAN|
|Definition of Wanamaker|
|Definition of wand|
|Definition of Wanda|
|Definition of wanda_landowska|