Definition of volitile
1. volatile [ a ] (chemistry) evaporating readily at normal temperatures and pressures
Examples: "volatile oils" "volatile solvents"
(Ross E. McKinney and Howard Edde, "Aerated...)
The average volatile suspended solids in the effluent was 75 mg / l while MLSS averaged 170 mg / l volatile suspended solids .
The average volatile suspended solids in the effluent was 75 mg / l while MLSS averaged 170 mg / l volatile suspended solids .Synonyms volatile Related Terms nonvolatile chemistry evaporable evaporable inconstant
2. volatile [ a ] tending to vary often or widely
Examples: "volatile stocks" "volatile emotions"
3. volatile [ a ] liable to lead to sudden change or violence
Examples: "an explosive issue" "a volatile situation with troops and rioters eager for a confrontation"
4. volatile [ a ] marked by erratic changeableness in affections or attachments
Examples: "fickle friends" "a flirt's volatile affections"
5. volatile [ n ] a volatile substance; a substance that changes readily from solid or liquid to a vapor
Examples: "it was heated to evaporate the volatiles"
|Definition of volant|
|Definition of Volapuk|
|Definition of volar|
|Definition of volary|
|Definition of volatile|
|Definition of volatile_oil|
|Definition of volatile_storage|
|Definition of volatilisable|
|Definition of volatilise|