Definition of vacume
1. vacuum [ n ] the absence of matterUsed in print:
(Philip Reaves, "Who Rules the Marriage Bed?"...)
`` The sexual_relationship does not exist in a vacuum '' , declares Dr._Mary_Steichen_Calderone , medical director of the Planned_Parenthood_Federation_of_America and author of the recent book , Release From Sexual Tensions .Synonyms vacuum vacuity Related Terms emptiness
2. vacuum [ v ] clean with a vacuum cleaner
Examples: "vacuum the carpets"
(Booth Hemingway and Stuart H. Brown,...)
Unless you want_to make your wife a pool widow and to spend a great many_of your leisure hours nursing your pool 's pristine purity , its care and feeding - from pH content to filtering and vacuuming - is best left to a weekly or bi-monthly professional service .
Once on the water , these little visitors seldom leave , and this adds to your filtering and vacuuming problems as_well as providing a slapping good time for all those present .Synonyms vacuum hoover vacuum-clean Related Terms clean hoover
3. vacuum [ n ] a region empty of matterSynonyms vacuity vacuum Related Terms region
4. vacuum [ n ] an empty area or space
Examples: "the huge desert voids" "the emptiness of outer space" "without their support he'll be ruling in a vacuum"
5. vacuum [ n ] an electrical home appliance that cleans by suctionSynonyms vacuum_cleaner vacuum Related Terms home_appliance Hoover dust_bag
|Definition of vacuolization|
|Definition of vacuous|
|Definition of vacuously|
|Definition of vacuousness|
|Definition of vacuum|
|Definition of vacuum_aspiration|
|Definition of vacuum_bag|
|Definition of vacuum_bomb|
|Definition of vacuum_bottle|