Definition of underfund
1. under [ p ] preposition, relatively lowerSynonyms under underneath beneath below
2. under [ a ] located below or beneath something else
Examples: "nether garments" "the under parts of a machine"
(E. Lucas Myers, "The Vindication of Dr. Nestor,"...)
It was a fine broody_hen , white , with a maternal eye and a striking abundance of feathers in the under region of the abdomen .Synonyms under nether Related Terms low
3. under [ r ] down to defeat, death, or ruin
Examples: "their competitors went under"
(Kenneth Allsop, The Bootleggers and Their Era...)
He had no apparent comprehension of morality ; he divided humanity into `` right guys '' and `` wrong guys '' , and the wrong ones he was always willing to kill and trample under .
(Randall Stewart, "A Little History, a Little Honesty: A...)
It is something which most_of us try to get_out from under .Synonyms under
4. under [ a ] lower in rank, power, or authority
Examples: "an under secretary"
(Jim Berry Pearson, The Maxwell Land Grant....)
Before daylight Sunday morning , a posse of twenty-three men under the leadership of Deputy_Sheriff_Frank_MacPherson of Catskill followed the trail to the house of Francisco_Chaves , where 100 to 150 Mexicans had gathered .Synonyms under Related Terms subordinate
5. under [ r ] into unconsciousness
Examples: "this will put the patient under"
6. under [ r ] below the horizon
Examples: "the sun went under"
7. under [ r ] down below
Examples: "get under quickly!"
8. under [ r ] in or into a state of subordination or subjugation
Examples: "we must keep our disappointment under"
9. under [ r ] through a range downward
Examples: "children six and under will be admitted free"
10. under [ p ] preposition, whose position or status is lower thanSynonyms below beneath underneath under
11. under [ r ] below some quantity or limit
Examples: "fifty dollars or under"
12. under [ r ] further down
Examples: "see under for further discussion"
|Definition of undependable|
|Definition of undependableness|
|Definition of undependably|
|Definition of undepicted|
|Definition of under|
|Definition of under_arms|
|Definition of under_attack|
|Definition of under_consideration|
|Definition of under_control|