Definition of terminalis
1. terminal [ a ] being or situated at an end
Examples: "the endmost pillar" "terminal buds on a branch" "a terminal station" "the terminal syllable"
(Richard F. McLaughlin, et al., "A study of the...)
The most distal airways are similar to those found in type 1 , , being composed of numerous , apparently true terminal bronchioles and occasional , poorly developed respiratory bronchioles ( figs. 14 , 15 ) .
As seen in types 1 , and 2 , , it supplies the hilar lymph_nodes , vasa_vasorum to the pulmonary_artery and vein , the bronchi and the terminal bronchioles .
Also three other direct pathways of alveolar bronchial arterial supply were noted : via the pleura ; through the interlobular septa ; and along the terminal bronchiole ( figs. 14 , 17 , 18 , 19 ) .
One bronchial arteriolar pulmonary arteriolar anastomosis was noted at the terminal bronchiolar level ( fig. 26 ) .
True terminal bronchioles comprise the most frequent form taken by the distal airways in types 1 , and 3 , , although small numbers of poorly developed respiratory bronchioles are present .Synonyms terminal endmost Related Terms last
2. terminal [ n ] station where transport vehicles load or unload passengers or goodsUsed in print:
(87th Congress, 1st Session. Congressional Record....)
These revenues make it possible to provide essential freight and passenger service over the entire New_York_Central system as_well_as the New_York area commuter and terminal freight services .
(Alex Gordon, The Cipher....)
With a cop patrolling the road Muller would have to be inside a building - if he was here at_all , and not waiting for the prime_minister somewhere between this street and the terminal building at La_Guardia_Airport .Synonyms terminal depot terminus Related Terms station railway_station bus_terminal air_terminal subway_station cathode transportation_system
3. terminal [ n ] a contact on an electrical device (such as a battery) at which electric current enters or leavesUsed in print:
(Raymond C. Binder et al., editors, Proceedings...)
The arc voltage was measured with a voltmeter whose terminals were connected to the anode and cathode holders .Synonyms terminal pole Related Terms contact electrical_device positive_pole anode negative_pole battery electrical_device
4. terminal [ a ] of or relating to or situated at the ends of a delivery route
Examples: "freight pickup is a terminal service" "terminal charges"
5. terminal [ a ] occurring at or forming an end or termination
Examples: "his concluding words came as a surprise" "the final chapter" "the last days of the dinosaurs" "terminal leave"
6. terminal [ a ] causing or ending in or approaching death
Examples: "a terminal patient" "terminal cancer"
7. terminal [ a ] relating to or occurring in a term or fixed period of time
Examples: "terminal examinations" "terminal payments"
8. terminal [ n ] electronic equipment consisting of a device providing access to a computer; has a keyboard and displaySynonyms terminal Related Terms electronic_equipment remote_terminal job-oriented_terminal keyboard
|Definition of termer|
|Definition of Termes|
|Definition of terminable|
|Definition of terminable_interest|
|Definition of terminal|
|Definition of terminal_emulation|
|Definition of terminal_figure|
|Definition of terminal_leave|
|Definition of terminal_point|