Definition of sholder
1. shoulder [ n ] the part of the body between the neck and the upper armUsed in print:
(Booton Herndon, "From Custer to Korea, The 7th Cavalry"...)
It did n't take Captain_Chandler long to realize that he had to carry a heavy load of tradition on his shoulders as commander of Troop_H .
(Helen Hooven Santmyer, "There Were Fences"...)
The horse walked , the reins were slack , the huckster rode with bowed shoulders , his forearms across his knees .
(Dell Shannon, The Ace of Spades....)
He patted Angelo 's thin shoulder paternally .
`` Well , that 's your business , Mr._Skyros '' , said Angie , and his dreamy eyes moved past Mr._Skyros ' shoulder to gaze vaguely out the ground_glass window .
(Harry Olesker, Impact....)
From behind , he had put his arms on her shoulders , turned her around , and pressed her to him , so close she could n't breathe .Synonyms shoulder Related Terms body_part torso armpit teres
2. shoulder [ v ] push with the shoulders
Examples: "He shouldered his way into the crowd"
(Hampton Stone, The Man Who Looked Death...)
You shoulder your way through the cluster of the curious and you barge up to the cop on the door .Synonyms shoulder Related Terms thrust
3. shoulder [ v ] lift onto one's shouldersUsed in print:
(Cliff Farrell, Trail of the Tattered Star....)
Shouldering the load he peered from the door .
He shouldered the blanket again , backed_off , and tossed the lantern with its open wick beneath the wagon .Synonyms shoulder Related Terms raise
4. shoulder [ n ] a cut of beef from the shoulder of the animalSynonyms shoulder Related Terms cut_of_beef chuck
5. shoulder [ v ] carry a burden, either real or metaphoric
Examples: "shoulder the burden"
6. shoulder [ n ] a ball-and-socket joint between the head of the humerus and a cavity of the scapulaSynonyms shoulder_joint articulatio_humeri shoulder Related Terms ball-and-socket_joint torso scapula circumflex_scapular_artery rotator_cuff circumflex_humeral_artery
7. shoulder [ n ] narrow edge of land (usually unpaved) along the side of a roadSynonyms berm shoulder Related Terms edge hard_shoulder road
|Definition of Shotts|
|Definition of Shotwell|
|Definition of should|
|Definition of shouldda|
|Definition of shoulder|
|Definition of shoulder_bag|
|Definition of shoulder_blade|
|Definition of shoulder_board|
|Definition of shoulder_bone|