Definition of rustica
1. rustic [ a ] awkwardly simple and provincial
Examples: "bumpkinly country boys" "rustic farmers" "a hick town" "the nightlife of Montmartre awed the unsophisticated tourists"
(High Fidelity, 11:10...)
The assisting musicians from the Vienna_Octet are somewhat lacking in expertise , but their contribution is rustic and appealing .Synonyms rustic hick unsophisticated bumpkinly Related Terms provincial
2. rustic [ a ] characteristic of rural life
Examples: "countrified clothes" "rustic awkwardness"
(Chicago Daily Tribune...)
Well , Jerebohm and his wife Pinkie have reached the stage of affluence that stirs a longing for the more atrociously expensive rustic simplicities .Synonyms rustic countryfied countrified Related Terms rural
3. rustic [ a ] used of idealized country life
Examples: "a country life of arcadian contentment" "a pleasant bucolic scene" "charming in its pastoral setting" "rustic tranquility"
4. rustic [ a ] characteristic of the fields or country
Examples: "agrestic simplicity" "rustic stone walls"
5. rustic [ n ] an unsophisticated country personSynonyms rustic Related Terms commoner peasant yokel coon hillbilly woodsman countrywoman countryman redneck rusticate
|Definition of rust-free|
|Definition of Rustad|
|Definition of Rustbelt|
|Definition of rusted|
|Definition of rustic|
|Definition of rusticate|
|Definition of rustication|
|Definition of rusticism|
|Definition of rusticity|