Definition of rubra
1. rubber [ n ] latex from trees (especially trees of the genera Hevea and Ficus)Used in print:
(William S. Haymond, "Is Distance an Original...)
( 1 ) When an object was placed in the patient 's hand , he had no difficulty determining whether it was warm or cold , sharp or blunt , rough or smooth , flexible , soft , or hard ; and he could tell , simply by the feel of it , whether it was made of wood , iron , cloth , rubber , and_so_on .
(Robert A. Futterman, The Future of Our Cities....)
The big factories which are relatively near the centers of our cities - the rubber factories in Akron , Chrysler 's Detroit plants , U._S._Steel 's Pittsburgh works - often began on these sites at_a_time when that was the edge of the city , yet close to transport ( river ) , storage ( piers ) and power ( river ) .Synonyms rubber caoutchouc gum_elastic India_rubber Related Terms latex foam_rubber synthetic_rubber cold_rubber hard_rubber Para_rubber crepe_rubber rubberize
2. rubber [ a ] made of rubber and therefore water-repellent
Examples: "rubber boots"
3. rubber [ n ] contraceptive device consisting of a thin rubber or latex sheath worn over the penis during intercourseSynonyms rubber safety safe prophylactic condom Related Terms contraceptive
4. rubber [ v ] coat or impregnate with rubber
Examples: "rubberize fabric for rain coats"
5. rubber [ a ] returned for lack of funds
Examples: "a rubber check" "a no-good check"
6. rubber [ n ] an eraser made of rubber (or of a synthetic material with properties similar to rubber); commonly mounted at one end of a pencilSynonyms rubber pencil_eraser rubber_eraser Related Terms eraser pencil
7. rubber [ n ] a waterproof overshoe that protects shoes from water or snowSynonyms galosh golosh rubber gumshoe arctic Related Terms overshoe
|Definition of Rubalcaba|
|Definition of Rubalcava|
|Definition of Rubano|
|Definition of rubato|
|Definition of rubber|
|Definition of rubber_band|
|Definition of rubber_boa|
|Definition of rubber_boot|
|Definition of rubber_bullet|