Definition of royale
1. royal [ a ] of or relating to or indicative of or issued or performed by a king or queen or other monarch
Examples: "the royal party" "the royal crest" "by royal decree" "a royal visit"
(Douglas Ashford, "Elections in Morocco: Progress...)
Since the details of the elections were settled the change of government had no direct effect on the technical aspects of the elections , and may have been more important as an indication of royal displeasure with the U.N.F.P.
(Guy Endore, Voltaire! Voltaire!...)
All these emotions were screwed_up to new heights when , after acceptance and the first rehearsals , there ensued such a buzz of excitement among Parisian music_lovers that Duclos had_to come running to Rousseau to inform him that the news had reached the superintendent of the King 's amusements , and that he was now demanding that the work be offered first at the royal summer palace of Fontainebleau .
And that was why , on the day of the performance , when a carriage from the royal stables called to take him to the palace , he did not bother to shave .Synonyms royal Related Terms sovereign
2. royal [ a ] established or chartered or authorized by royalty
Examples: "the Royal Society"
(Peter J. White, "Report on Laos"...)
But he had never seen the mountainous half of his native_land north of Vientiane , including the royal capital , Luang_Prabang .Synonyms royal Related Terms royalty
3. royal [ a ] belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler
Examples: "golden age of imperial splendor" "purple tyrant" "regal attire" "treated with royal acclaim" "the royal carriage of a stag's head"
4. royal [ a ] being of the rank of a monarch
Examples: "of royal ancestry" "princes of the blood royal"
5. royal [ n ] a sail set next above the topgallant on a royal mastSynonyms royal Related Terms sail
6. royal [ a ] invested with royal power as symbolized by a crown
Examples: "the royal (or crowned) heads of Europe"
7. Royal [ n ] Man's first name, popularity rank in the U.S. is 851Synonyms Royal
8. Royal [ n ] Last name, frequency rank in the U.S. is 2506Synonyms Royal
9. royal [ n ] stag with antlers of 12 or more branchesSynonyms royal_stag royal Related Terms stag
|Definition of roy_chapman_andrews|
|Definition of roy_lichtenstein|
|Definition of roy_orbison|
|Definition of roy_wilkins|
|Definition of royal|
|Definition of royal_academy|
|Definition of royal_academy_of_arts|
|Definition of royal_agaric|
|Definition of Royal_Air_Force|