Definition of punto
1. punt [ v ] kick the ball; in certain kinds of sportsUsed in print:
(The Dallas Morning News,...)
His statistical record that year , when Texas won only one game and lost nine , was far from impressive : he carried the ball three times for a net gain of 10 yards , punted once for 39 yards and caught one pass for 13 yards .Synonyms punt Related Terms kick sport
2. punt [ n ] an open flat-bottomed boat used in shallow waters and propelled by a long poleSynonyms punt Related Terms boat
3. punt [ v ] place a bet on
Examples: "Which horse are you backing?" "I'm betting on the new horse"
4. punt [ v ] propel with a pole
Examples: "pole barges on the river" "We went punting in Cambridge"
5. punt [ n ] the basic unit of money in Ireland; equal to 100 penceSynonyms punt pound irish_punt Irish_pound Related Terms Irish_monetary_unit penny
6. punt [ n ] (football) kicking in which the football is dropped from the hands and kicked before it touches the ground
Examples: "the punt traveled 50 yards" "punting is an important part of the game"
|Definition of punky|
|Definition of punnet|
|Definition of punning|
|Definition of punster|
|Definition of punt|
|Definition of Punta_Arenas|
|Definition of punter|
|Definition of punting|
|Definition of puny|