Definition of punchy
1. punch [ v ] deliver a quick blow to
Examples: "he punched me in the stomach"
(Alfred Wright, "A Duel Golfers Will Never Forget"...)
Player then had the choice of punching the ball safely out of the woods to the 9 th fairway and settling for a bogey 5 , or gambling .Synonyms punch plug Related Terms hit
2. punch [ n ] (boxing) a blow with the fist
Examples: "I gave him a clout on his nose"
(Samuel Elkin, "The Ball Player," Nugget, 6: 5...)
He jumped_to_his_feet and started to throw punches .Synonyms punch biff lick clout poke Related Terms blow rabbit_punch jab haymaker sucker_punch hook counterpunch boxing clout
3. punch [ v ] drive forcibly as if by a punch;
Examples: "the nail punched through the wall"
(Donald J. Plantz, Sweeney Squadron....)
He dropped_down to five_hundred feet , swinging a_little north of the city of Tacloban , and punched into the opening that showed against the mountain .Synonyms punch Related Terms thrust
4. punch [ v ] make a hole into or between, as for ease of separation
Examples: "perforate the sheets of paper"
5. punch [ n ] an iced mixed drink usually containing alcohol and prepared for multiple servings; normally served in a punch bowlSynonyms punch Related Terms mixed_drink cup eggnog wassail fish_house_punch May_wine milk_punch glogg fruit_punch
6. Punch [ n ] Last name, frequency rank in the U.S. is 14788Synonyms Punch
7. punch [ n ] a tool for making (usually circular) holesSynonyms puncher punch Related Terms tool punch_pliers
|Definition of pumpkin-shaped|
|Definition of pumpkinseed|
|Definition of pumps|
|Definition of pun|
|Definition of punch|
|Definition of punch_bag|
|Definition of punch_bowl|
|Definition of punch_card|
|Definition of punch_in|