Definition of pinga
1. ping [ v ] hit with a pinging noise
Examples: "The bugs pinged the lamp shade"
(Jesse Hill Ford, Mountains of Gilead....)
Out of the church and into his big car , it tooling over the road with him driving and the headlights sweeping the pike ahead and after he hit college , his expansiveness , the quaint little pine board tourist_courts , cabins really , with a cute naked light_bulb in the ceiling ( unfrosted and naked as a streetlight , like the one on the corner where you used_to play when you were a kid , where you watched the bats swooping in after the bugs , watching in between your bouts at hopscotch ) , a room complete with moths pinging the light and the few casual cockroaches cruising the walls , an insect Highway_Patrol with feelers waving .Synonyms ping Related Terms hit
2. ping [ v ] sound like a car engine that is firing too early
Examples: "the car pinged when I put in low-octane gasoline" "The car pinked when the ignition was too far retarded"
3. Ping [ n ] Woman's first name, popularity rank in the U.S. is 3777Synonyms Ping
4. ping [ n ] a river in western Thailand; a major tributary of the Chao PhrayaSynonyms ping_river ping Related Terms river Thailand
5. ping [ v ] send a message from one computer to another to check whether it is reachable and active
Examples: "ping your machine in the office"
6. ping [ v ] contact, usually in order to remind of something
Examples: "I'll ping my accountant--April 15 is nearing"
7. ping [ v ] make a short high-pitched sound
Examples: "the bullet pinged when they struck the car"
8. Ping [ n ] Last name, frequency rank in the U.S. is 11168Synonyms Ping
9. ping [ n ] a sharp high-pitched resonant sound (as of a sonar echo or a bullet striking metal)Synonyms ping Related Terms sound
|Definition of Pineus_pinifoliae|
|Definition of pineweed|
|Definition of pinfish|
|Definition of pinfold|
|Definition of ping|
|Definition of ping_river|
|Definition of ping-pong|
|Definition of ping-pong_ball|
|Definition of ping-pong_table|