Definition of nig
1. nigh [ a ] being on the left side
Examples: "the near or nigh horse is the one on the left" "the animal's left side is its near or nigh side"
2. nigh [ r ] (of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished
Examples: "the job is (just) about done" "the baby was almost asleep" "we're almost finished" "the car all but ran her down" "he nearly fainted" "well-nigh perfect" "virtually everyone"
3. nigh [ r ] near in time or place or relationship
Examples: "as the wedding day drew near" "stood near the door" "don't shoot until they come near" "getting near to the true explanation" "her mother is always near" "The end draws nigh" "the bullet didn't come close"
4. Nigh [ n ] Last name, frequency rank in the U.S. is 19023Synonyms Nigh
5. nigh [ a ] near in space or timeSynonyms nigh Related Terms near
|Definition of nigger|
|Definition of niggle|
|Definition of niggler|
|Definition of niggling|
|Definition of nigh|
|Definition of nigher|
|Definition of nighest|
|Definition of night|
|Definition of night_bell|