Definition of nicht
1. night [ n ] the time after sunset and before sunrise while it is dark outsideUsed in print:
(The Atlanta Constitution...)
Four additional deputies be employed at the Fulton_County_Jail and `` a doctor , medical_intern or extern be employed for night and weekend duty at the jail '' .
Robert_Snodgrass , state GOP chairman , said a meeting held Tuesday night in Blue_Ridge brought enthusiastic responses from the audience .
Pelham said Sunday night there was research being done on whether the `` quickie '' vote on the increase can be repealed outright or whether notice would have to first be given that reconsideration of the action would be sought .
As of Sunday night , there was no word of a resolution being offered there to rescind the action .
(The Sun, [Baltimore],...)
In the ninth , Robinson led off with his second double of the night , a blast off the fence 375 feet deep into left .Synonyms night dark nighttime Related Terms day time_period wedding_night weeknight day midnight lights-out late-night_hour small_hours evening
2. night [ n ] a period of ignorance or backwardness or gloomUsed in print:
(Richard Ferber, Bitter Valley....)
That girl last night , what was her name ?Synonyms night Related Terms time_period
3. night [ n ] the dark part of the diurnal cycle considered a time unit
Examples: "three nights later he collapsed"
(Kenneth Allsop, The Bootleggers and Their Era...)
These 1750 cases were carted_off in a one night operation by the O_'_Banion men , who left in their stead the same number of barrels filled with water .Synonyms night Related Terms time_unit
4. night [ n ] darkness
Examples: "it vanished into the night"
5. night [ n ] the period spent sleeping
Examples: "I had a restless night"
6. night [ n ] a shortening of nightfall
Examples: "they worked from morning to night"
7. night [ n ] the time between sunset and midnight
Examples: "he watched television every night"
8. Night [ n ] Roman goddess of night; daughter of Erebus; counterpart of Greek NyxSynonyms Night Nox Related Terms Roman_deity Greco-Roman_deity
|Definition of niggling|
|Definition of nigh|
|Definition of nigher|
|Definition of nighest|
|Definition of night|
|Definition of night_bell|
|Definition of night_bird|
|Definition of night_blindness|
|Definition of night_court|