Definition of manuver
1. maneuver [ n ] a military training exerciseUsed in print:
(Booton Herndon, "From Custer to Korea, The 7th Cavalry"...)
The next thing he knew he was reporting for duty as commanding_officer of Troop_H , 7_th_Cavalry , in_the_middle of corps maneuvers in Japan .
Second , if there is ever a perfect time to pull_the_rug_out_from_under him , it 's on maneuvers .
But in maneuvers , with the top brass watching him all_the_time , it 's easy .
Maneuvers over , the 7_th returned to garrison duty in Tokyo , Captain_Chandler still with them .
(Dan McLachlan, Jr., "Communication Networks and...)
The commands are specified by the military regulations ; are few in number , briefly worded , all different in sound ; and are combinable into sequences which permit any marching maneuver that could be desired on a parade_ground .Synonyms maneuver simulated_military_operation manoeuvre Related Terms operation military_training military
2. maneuver [ v ] direct the course; determine the direction of travellingUsed in print:
(Douglas Ashford, "Elections in Morocco: Progress...)
There remained only the delicate task of maneuvering the laws through the labyrinth of Palace politics and making a small number of policy decisions .
(Frieda Arkin, "The Light of the Sea," in The...)
`` She did n't mention bringing Myra '' , Mark said , maneuvering the car into the next lane .
(John Hazard Wildman, "Take It Off," The Arizona...)
One of the children maneuvered out of range of the poking index_finger .Synonyms guide point maneuver steer head channelise manoeuver channelize direct manoeuvre manouevre Related Terms control park navigate stand_out navigate corner dock channel starboard sheer pull_over conn crab driving head guidance bearing guide maneuverer forefront helmsman steering
3. maneuver [ v ] act in order to achieve a certain goal
Examples: "He maneuvered to get the chairmanship" "She maneuvered herself into the directorship"
4. maneuver [ n ] a plan for attaining a particular goalSynonyms tactic manoeuvre maneuver Related Terms plan_of_action
5. maneuver [ n ] a move made to gain a tactical endSynonyms maneuvering manoeuvre manoeuvering tactical_maneuver tactical_manoeuver tactical_manoeuvre maneuver Related Terms move measure parking device ploy ruse footwork feint
6. maneuver [ v ] perform a movement in military or naval tactics in order to secure an advantage in attack or defenseSynonyms operate manoeuvre manoeuver maneuver Related Terms move jockey operation
7. maneuver [ n ] a deliberate coordinated movement requiring dexterity and skill
Examples: "he made a great maneuver" "the runner was out on a play by the shortstop"
8. maneuver [ n ] an action aimed at evading an enemySynonyms manoeuvre evasive_action maneuver Related Terms evasion clinch straight-arm flight_maneuver
|Definition of Maner|
|Definition of manes|
|Definition of Maness|
|Definition of manet|
|Definition of maneuver|
|Definition of maneuverability|
|Definition of maneuverable|
|Definition of maneuverer|
|Definition of maneuvering|