Definition of jammu
1. jam [ n ] preserve of crushed fruitUsed in print:
(William Maxwell, The Chateau....)
Several sections of a loaf of dark_bread ; butter ; jam ; a tiny cake of ice .Synonyms jam Related Terms conserve strawberry_jam
2. jam [ v ] press tightly together or cram
Examples: "The crowd packed the auditorium"
(Whit Masterson, Evil Come, Evil Go....)
`` Skolman 's jammed in every table he could find .Synonyms pile throng jam pack mob Related Terms crowd batch multitude
3. jam [ v ] interfere with or prevent the reception of signals
Examples: "Jam the Voice of America" "block the signals emitted by this station"
(Glenn Infield, "America's Secret Poison Gas Tragedy"...)
It was `` window '' - the tinsel paper dropped by bombers to jam radar sets , to fill the scope with hundreds of blips that would seem to be approaching bombers .Synonyms block jam Related Terms interrupt spot_jam barrage_jam blanket_jam point_jam jamming
4. jam [ v ] crush or bruise
Examples: "jam a toe"
(The Sun, [Baltimore]...)
He jammed it this spring and has had to rest it , but he says the old injury has n't bothered him .Synonyms jam crush Related Terms bruise
5. jam [ v ] push forcibly, as of brakes
Examples: : "The driver jammed the brake pedal to the floor"
(The Christian Science Monitor...)
In Chicago , the driver cut_out would likely jam his gas pedal to the floor in an effort to force the other car back .Synonyms jam Related Terms push
6. jam [ v ] crowd or pack to capacity
Examples: "the theater was jampacked"
7. jam [ v ] get stuck and immobilized
Examples: "the mechanism jammed"
8. jam [ n ] informal terms for a difficult situation
Examples: "he got into a terrible fix" "he made a muddle of his marriage"
9. jam [ v ] eat until one is sated
Examples: "He filled up on turkey"
10. jam [ v ] block passage through
Examples: "obstruct the path"
11. jam [ n ] a dense crowd of peopleSynonyms crush press jam Related Terms crowd traffic_jam press
12. jam [ n ] deliberate radiation or reflection of electromagnetic energy for the purpose of disrupting enemy use of electronic devices or systemsSynonyms electronic_jamming jam jamming Related Terms electronic_countermeasures spot_jamming barrage_jamming
|Definition of Jaleesa|
|Definition of Jalisa|
|Definition of jalopy|
|Definition of jalousie|
|Definition of jam|
|Definition of jam_session|
|Definition of jam-packed|
|Definition of jam-pawncked|
|Definition of Jama|