1. [ noun ] (printing,fine art) a halftone print produced by gravure
Synonyms: heliogravure photogravure
Related terms: print halftone
2. [ noun ] (printing) a printing plate used in the process of gravure
Related terms: engraving
3. [ noun ] (printing) a printing process that uses an etched or engraved plate; the plate is smeared with ink and wiped clean, then the ink left in the recesses makes the print
Synonyms: intaglio intaglio_printing
Related terms: printing photogravure
4. [ noun ] (printing,business) intaglio printing
Related terms: printing photogravure engrave
Similar spelling:   Gruver