1. [ noun ] a barrier that surrounds the wheels of a vehicle to block splashing water or mud
Synonyms: wing

"in England they call a fender a wing"

Related terms: barrier mudguard car
2. [ noun ] an inclined metal frame at the front of a locomotive to clear the track
Synonyms: cowcatcher pilot buffer
Related terms: framework locomotive
3. [ noun ] a low metal guard to confine falling coals to a hearth
Related terms: guard resist
4. [ noun ] Last name, frequency rank in the U.S. is 4905
5. [ noun ] a cushion-like device that reduces shock due to contact
Synonyms: buffer
Related terms: device car
Similar spelling:   Fenderson