Definition of colar
1. collar [ n ] a band that fits around the neck and is usually folded overUsed in print:
(The Times-Picayune, [New Orleans]...)
In a lacy open weave shoes have a luster finish , braided collar and bow highlight on the squared throat .
(Louis Zara, Dark Rider....)
A tall lady , with a ruffled collar very low on her bosom , turned insolent green eyes upon him .
(Sallie Bingham, "Moving Day," The Atlantic...)
He gave Mr._Jack a real going_over ; he brushed his shoulders and his back and his collar with long , firm strokes .Synonyms collar neckband Related Terms band clerical_collar turtleneck_collar Eton_collar choker rebato peter_pan_collar neck facing
2. collar [ v ] take into custody, as of suspected criminals, by the policeUsed in print:
(Peter Field, Rattlesnake Ridge....)
He fought_down the impulse to rush in and collar the vicious puncher on_the_spot .Synonyms arrest pick_up nail collar nab apprehend cop Related Terms clutch seize bull apprehension apprehender
3. collar [ v ] seize by the neck or collarSynonyms collar Related Terms clutch seize
4. collar [ n ] a band of leather or rope that is placed around an animal's neck as a harness or to identify itSynonyms collar Related Terms band dog_collar hame
5. collar [ n ] a figurative restraint
Examples: "asked for a collar on program trading in the stock market" "kept a tight leash on his emotions" "he's always gotten a long leash"
6. collar [ v ] furnish with a collar
Examples: "collar the dog"
7. collar [ n ] necklace that fits tightly around a woman's neckSynonyms collar dog_collar neckband choker Related Terms necklace
8. Collar [ n ] Last name, frequency rank in the U.S. is 14371Synonyms Collar
9. collar [ n ] the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal)
Examples: "the policeman on the beat got credit for the collar"
|Definition of collapse|
|Definition of collapsed|
|Definition of collapsible|
|Definition of collapsible_shelter|
|Definition of collar|
|Definition of collar_blight|
|Definition of collar_cell|
|Definition of collarbone|
|Definition of collard|