Definition of chek
1. cheek [ n ] either side of the face below the eyesUsed in print:
(Glayds H. Barr, The Master of Geneva....)
Abel_Poupin , a tall man with sunken cheeks and deep-set eyes , got_to_his_feet .
(Robert Penn Warren, Wilderness....)
Moisture ran_down the cheeks , gathered at the tip of the nose , and at the chin .
(Guy Bolton, The Olympians....)
He drew her close and , hand on cheek , turned her face to his .
(Marvin Schiller, "The Sheep's in the Meadow,"...)
We blushed and were flustered , and it turned_out to be the fleetest brush of lips upon cheek .
(Richard Ferber, Bitter Valley....)
She brought the quirt down , slashing it across his cheek , and he tried to step back .Synonyms cheek Related Terms feature face buccal_artery cheek_muscle
2. cheek [ n ] either of the two large fleshy masses of muscular tissue that form the human rumpSynonyms cheek buttock Related Terms body_part torso gluteus
3. cheek [ n ] an impudent statementSynonyms cheek impertinence impudence Related Terms disrespect sass
4. cheek [ v ] speak impudently toSynonyms cheek Related Terms talk impudence
5. cheek [ a ] toward the inside of the cheek
Examples: "the buccal aspect of the gum"
6. Cheek [ n ] Last name, frequency rank in the U.S. is 2104Synonyms Cheek
7. cheek [ n ] impudent aggressiveness
Examples: "I couldn't believe her boldness" "he had the effrontery to question my honesty"
Rhymes withczech check paycheck
|Definition of cheddar|
|Definition of cheddar_cheese|
|Definition of cheddar_pink|
|Definition of Chee|
|Definition of cheek|
|Definition of cheek_by_jowl|
|Definition of cheek_muscle|
|Definition of cheek_pouch|
|Definition of cheekbone|