Definition of chear
1. char [ n ] a human female who does housework
Examples: "the char will clean the carpet"
2. char [ v ] burn slightly and superficially so as to affect color
Examples: "The cook blackened the chicken breast" "The fire charred the ceiling above the mantelpiece" "the flames scorched the ceiling"
3. char [ v ] burn to charcoal
Examples: "Without a drenching rain, the forest fire will char everything."
4. char [ n ] a charred substanceSynonyms char Related Terms carbon animal_black snuff
5. char [ n ] any of several small-scaled troutSynonyms char Related Terms salmonid Arctic_char Salvelinus
|Definition of chapter|
|Definition of chapterhouse|
|Definition of Chapultepec|
|Definition of Chaput|
|Definition of char|
|Definition of Chara|
|Definition of charabanc|
|Definition of Characeae|
|Definition of characid|