Definition of bulbi
1. bulb [ n ] a modified bud consisting of a thickened globular underground stem serving as a reproductive structureUsed in print:
(Edward Austin Walton, "On Education for the Interior...)
Instead they learn their dissection on the bulbs of plants .
(Sallie Bingham, "Moving Day," The Atlantic...)
She had dug a hole for each bulb , each tree wore a tag with her writing on_it ; where would she go for her gardening now ?Synonyms bulb Related Terms stalk shallot squill bulbil onion
2. bulb [ n ] electric lamp consisting of a glass bulb containing a wire filament (usually tungsten) that emits light when heatedUsed in print:
(The Family Fallout Shelter. Office of Civil and Defence...)
Continuous low-level lighting may be provided in the shelter by_means_of a 4 - cell hot-shot battery to which is wired a 150 - milliampere flashlight type bulb .
(Alex Gordon, The Cipher....)
He paused on the landing to steady his breathing and_then bent to examine the single door by the light of the weak bulb overhead .Synonyms electric_light bulb light_bulb incandescent_lamp electric-light_bulb lightbulb Related Terms electric_lamp filament
3. bulb [ n ] a rounded part of a cylindrical instrument (usually at one end)
Examples: "the bulb of a syringe"
(1961 Research Highlights of the National Bureau of...)
However , the surface temperature_gradient can produce erroneous vapor-pressure measurements for the bulk liquid helium unless precautions are taken to isolate the tube ( which passes_through the surface to the vapor_pressure bulb ) from the liquid helium surface .Synonyms bulb Related Terms part mercury_thermometer syringe
4. bulb [ n ] lower or hindmost part of the brain; continuous with spinal cord; (`bulb' is an old term for medulla oblongata)
Examples: "the medulla oblongata is the most vital part of the brain because it contains centers controlling breathing and heart functioning"
5. bulb [ n ] a rounded dilation or expansion in a canal or vessel or organSynonyms bulb Related Terms structure
|Definition of Bukowski|
|Definition of Bula|
|Definition of Bulah|
|Definition of bulawayo|
|Definition of bulb|
|Definition of bulbaceous|
|Definition of bulbar|
|Definition of bulbar_conjunctiva|
|Definition of bulbed|