Definition of brachii
1. breach [ n ] a failure to perform some promised act or obligationUsed in print:
(Evan Esar, Humorous English; a guide to comic ,...)
The misplaced modifier is another species more honored in the observance of obscurity than in the breach .Synonyms breach Related Terms failure breach_of_contract breach_of_duty transgress
2. breach [ v ] act in disregard of laws and rules
Examples: "offend all laws of humanity" "violate the basic laws or human civilization" "break a law"
(The Christian Science Monitor...)
A Philadelphia distiller is currently breaching the customary prohibition against hard-liquor advertising on TV and radio .Synonyms violate break transgress breach go_against infract offend Related Terms disrespect sin trespass sin conflict trespass misdemeanor wrongdoer evildoing
3. breach [ v ] make an opening or gap inUsed in print:
There were two possible methods of breaching the conservative barriers around the Rules_Committee : 1 ) to pack it with additional liberals and break the conservative-liberal deadlock , or 2 ) to remove one of the conservatives - namely Mississippi 's 14 - term William_Meyers_Colmer ( pronounced Calmer ) .Synonyms breach gap Related Terms open
4. breach [ n ] an opening (especially a gap in a dike or fortification)Synonyms breach Related Terms opening gap
5. breach [ n ] a personal or social separation (as between opposing factions)
Examples: "they hoped to avoid a break in relations"