Definition of boojum
1. bosom [ n ] (archaic) the chest considered as the place where secret thoughts are kept
Examples: "his bosom was bursting with the secret"
2. bosom [ n ] cloth that covers the chest or breastsUsed in print:
(Ann Hebson, The Lattimer Legend....)
Joel came and sat mutely with her , sharing her pain and anguish , averting his eyes from the ice_packs on her bosom .Synonyms bosom Related Terms cloth_covering garment
3. bosom [ n ] a person's breast or chestUsed in print:
(Louis Zara, Dark Rider....)
A tall lady , with a ruffled collar very low on her bosom , turned insolent green eyes upon him .Synonyms bosom Related Terms breast
4. bosom [ n ] a close affectionate and protective acceptance
Examples: "his willing embrace of new ideas" "in the bosom of the family"
(Musical America, LXXXI:5...)
Nevertheless , Prokofieff was much influenced by Paris during the Twenties : the Paris which was the artistic center of the Western World - the social Paris to which Russian aristocracy migrated - the chic Paris which attracted the tourist dollars of rich America - the avant-garde Paris of Diaghileff , Stravinsky , Koussevitzky , Cocteau , Picasso - the laissez-faire Paris of Dadaism and ultramodern art - the Paris sympathique which took young composers to her bosom with such quick and easy enthusiasms .Synonyms bosom embrace Related Terms adoption espouse
5. bosom [ v ] hide in one's bosom
Examples: : "She bosomed his letters"
6. bosom [ n ] the locus of feelings and intuitions
Examples: "in your heart you know it is true" "her story would melt your bosom"
7. bosom [ v ] hug, usually with fondness
Examples: "Hug me, please" "They embraced"
8. bosom [ a ] very close in friendship or affection
Examples: "a bosom buddy" "an intimate friendship"
9. bosom [ n ] either of two soft fleshy milk-secreting glandular organs on the chest of a womanSynonyms breast tit boob knocker titty bosom Related Terms mammary_gland adult_female_body lactiferous_duct areola
|Definition of Bosnia_i_Hercegovina|
|Definition of Bosnia-Herzegovina|
|Definition of Bosnian|
|Definition of Boso|
|Definition of bosom|
|Definition of bosom_of_Abraham|
|Definition of bosomed|
|Definition of bosomy|
|Definition of boson|