Definition of ap
1. ape [ n ] any of various primates with short tails or no tail at allUsed in print:
(S. J. Perelman, The Rising Gorge. New York:...)
Some sort_of nemesis was haunting his footsteps , he told us in a quavering voice - either an ape specter or Abe_Spector , a process_server , we could n't determine which .Synonyms ape Related Terms primate anthropoid_ape
2. ape [ v ] represent in or produce a caricature of
Examples: "The drawing caricatured the President"
3. ape [ n ] someone who copies the words or behavior of anotherSynonyms imitator ape aper emulator copycat Related Terms person epigone parrot imitate
4. ape [ v ] reproduce someone's behavior or looks
Examples: "The mime imitated the passers-by" "Children often copy their parents or older siblings"
5. ape [ v ] imitate uncritically and in every aspect
Examples: "Her little brother apes her behavior"
6. ape [ n ] person who resembles a non-human primateSynonyms anthropoid ape Related Terms misfit
|Definition of Apatosaurus_excelsus|
|Definition of Apatura|
|Definition of Apatura_iris|
|Definition of APC|
|Definition of ape|
|Definition of ape-man|
|Definition of Apel|
|Definition of apeldoorn|
|Definition of apelike|